WELCOME TO MOUNT ST JOSEPH. CONNECTING JESUITS AND FRIENDS

Friday, July 17, 2009

Pannur, My Home

We, the I-year Novices, moved out to Pannur (Pannur is our Jesuit mission station in Raichur district) for a summer work-camp. We had rewarding experiences under the veteran missionaries there. The friends that we made with the local people continue to remain fresh in our hearts and minds. Three of our brothers wish to share their experiences with you all.....
JOEL: God has chosen everyone for a different purpose and He fulfills it by giving us different kinds of work. I was privileged to serve His people. I feel grateful to God for strengthening my call and helping me to challenge myself. The imagery that brushes through my mind is that of a bird feeding its younger ones or a mother feeding her child, this is what I received when I visited their houses. I struck a balance between my spiritual life and my mission.
PRASHANTH: Certainly God meets everyone through an experience. It is not merely this experience we seek but the face of God. These people were God’s gift to me. I learnt a lot from them. I thank God for challenging me through the difficulties that I faced. These have strengthened my vocation. What touched me most in the people is their welcoming nature and concern. I am moved to say “these are my people and these are my neighbours.”
ASHWIN: Pannur was a mission placed before us to know the life of the people. Pannur is a place with different cultural backgrounds and caste-based discrimination between Lingayats, Nayakas , Gaudas and Dalits exist while Christians are called as the Madiga caste. We had a warm experience of building our community in mind, heart and spirit. I cherish the entries into my spiritual diary. I would spend the whole day spiritually, making myself conscious of the fact that ‘All things come from God and go back to God. Every vision and insight I receive helps me acquire God’s gift and it strengthens me.

Hope you enjoyed reading them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see the smiling faces of the novices!!!