WELCOME TO MOUNT ST JOSEPH. CONNECTING JESUITS AND FRIENDS

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Footsteps into the Novitiate

After the turn of the Guides, we now have four ‘Angels’ who are eager to share their experiences with you all:

Arvind Royce: Everyone has to undergo changes in their way of living as life goes on. I experienced this change as I entered into the “World of Silence.” I was yearning to speak and chat with my friends but as days went on, I got adjusted to the new surroundings and the people. I learnt to concentrate and be focused in prayer. My guide(Alwyn) moluded and shaped me. I understood the life a Novice must lead. My vocation is deepened and strengthened through the First Probation.

Roshan D'Souza: Probation for me was filled with expectations. I showed keen interest in learning new things. I enjoyed different prayer methods taught to me by my guide(Anand). The Senior Fathers in the community appear to me as great stalwarts in the Society. I wondered at how much work our second year brothers had put in for us. What motivates me is, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

Jaison Pais: Probation has quietened me a lot. I was very curious to know about the Novitiate. I learnt how to pray. My guide(Ashwin) formed me into the ways of the Society. I feel challenged to follow the norms and rules in this new way of life but with the grace of God and hope in Him I’ve made this my foremost goal. I desire to be deeply rooted in my call and to be shaped up as a good Jesuit.

Noel Nazareth: Probation put me to test under the leadership of my guide(Pradeep). I learnt how a Novice must conduct himself. I cherish the depth of community living in the Society. I learnt basic etiquette, about the spirit of silence and the need to follow a structured time table in life. The variety of Apostlates that this house is engaged in was a heart touching experience for me. Surely, now is the time to put into practice all that I’ve learnt.

No comments: