WELCOME TO MOUNT ST JOSEPH. CONNECTING JESUITS AND FRIENDS

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Vows Day


Prashanth Kumar: Our First Vows ceremony is indeed an unforgettable blessing in every Jesuit’s life. This is what I too longed for and prepared myself especially over the past two years. It was a humble act of surrender to the Divine. I was moved with a feeling of gratitude for all that the Lord had done for me and was now ready to ask Him, “What can I do in return?” Each word of the formula I uttered helped me to recall my vocation. These words were indeed filled with a divine energy and they hovered through my spirit. My vows have made my goals clearer and make me feel even more belonged to the Jesuit family.

Roshan Pinto: It was a day of commitment to the Lord and to the world, a day to remember the Annunciation to Mother Mary who said 'Yes' and received a Mission. It was time for me to sing deep in my being, “All to Jesus, I surrender.” These two years have been very significant in forming me because I feel humble and grateful to the Lord who has chosen me to be his companion. As I pronounced the Vows, a relationship developed with God, with the Society of Jesus, with creation and with fellow human persons. I feel blissful to belong to the Society of Jesus. This day has helped me create greater space in my heart for the values, virtues and companionship of Christ.

3 comments:

Manoj said...

My dear Karnataka Juniors, All the best for your Juniorate. Become well integrated persons of study and prayer. You all look very cheerful. Keep up the same spirit.

Kumar said...

'This blog is creative with many updates, congrats!'- Kumar

pradeep anthony sj said...

very creative and informative blog