WELCOME TO MOUNT ST JOSEPH. CONNECTING JESUITS AND FRIENDS

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Unforgettable Memories to Cherish (Home Experiment)

ANAND: What I cherished the most in my home experiment is the love and affection of my family members. My main objective was to spend quality time with my family members & to discern about my vocation. Many rich experiences have challenged & strengthened me to leave everything & follow God whole-heartedly. The dream of my parents is fulfilled and it is difficult to express my feelings in words but I can boldly say that my vocation has strengthened through this experiment. I am ready "to love and serve the needy."
YESU: I had a fruitful time during my home experiment to discern and to be a witness to my vocation. At the end of the experiment, I was able to achieve my goals that I had set before me. It was indeed very challenging but with my full efforts and the grace of God I had pretty wonderful experiences. The word ‘Home’ reminds me about the beginning of life. I went back to the first memories of my life. My memories and experiences renewed my life again. My openness with others helped me to broaden my circle of friendship and to understand them deeply. “Be true to yourself because your happiness is in your trueself but not in the hidden.”
JAISON: “East or West; home is the best.” Home experiment was the best occasion for me to reflect on my vocation and to say a generous ‘yes’ to God. I was eager to see my family members. As I reached the house, they received me with open arms. It was the time to integrate my life and work. This experience has touched & inspired me the most; in awe & wonder I express words of gratitude to God, my parents, relatives, formators and many more people who have shaped my life.
JOYSON: It is from our homes our brightest dreams take root. Indeed this was a unique and different experience of going home as a Jesuit Novice. First of all, I am grateful to God for giving me this great opportunity to spend my quality time with my family members. This experience of living & being with them has given a new meaning to my way of life. The nostalgic memories carried me to a different world; where I realized the role of the family in building a new society. These 7 days I was grateful to my parents in many ways. When I equipped myself fully in praying, loving, understanding & working with them, I understood the richness & beauty in life.

No comments: