WELCOME TO MOUNT ST JOSEPH. CONNECTING JESUITS AND FRIENDS

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Interview with Fr Hilary Pereira SJ

(1) How do you feel being here at Mount St Joseph since one year?

I am very happy. The presence of the Novices adds for my joy.

(2) What do you like most about the Society of Jesus?

The fellowship, community life and the opportunities which help us to grow. The Spiritual Exercises is the boon from St Ignatius, to grow in the right spirit.

(3) What is more satisfying and most difficult about being a Jesuit?

More satisfying is, opportunities are given to grow, especially in spiritual as well as in intellectual life. Sometimes it may be difficult to obey and to adjust oneself to various places.

(4) How can our young Jesuits become more creative?

Make use of the opportunities fully that you have in the Society of Jesus. Give more importance for reading good books and also listening to the experienced Jesuits who know about our way of life.

(5) What are your happiest memories?

My joining to the Society of Jesus & my day of Ordination. It was a great joy for me to serve in the schools and colleges and the opportunity of helping the most needy and backward students.

(6) What is your message for us, Novices?

Be a man of simplicity, integrity and hard work. Live one day at a time, work hard, pray much and always, & leave the result into God’s hands. Aim everything for the Greater Glory of God.

2 comments:

Naveen Frank said...

Fr Hilary Pereira, by far, is an exemplary priest and a wonderful human being. My fond memories of him in Mangalore are still fresh in my mind. A great educationist, he was loved by all students.

Dear Fr Hilary, may you continue to be an inspiration to all those around you.

Naveen Frank
Ex- Jesuit.

Rehana said...

Fr. Hilary:
It has been a long time since I connected with you; but trust me - Charles and I have such fond memories of our last visit to you in 2009.
Ofcouse how can I ever forget your generosity of time and advice all along during my days in Bangalore?
I hope to visit you this summer.
Wish you Fr. Hilary all of God's blessings for your good health.
Regards
Rehana Rodrigues