WELCOME TO MOUNT ST JOSEPH. CONNECTING JESUITS AND FRIENDS

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Weekly Ministry - A treasure of Experiences

MARK: “Duty makes us to do things well but love makes us to do it beautifully.” The Saturday ministry is an opportunity for me to go beyond myself to reach out to the needy. Our prayer should flow into action. I do my ministry in our Loyola ITI & High School to help the students in their studies. When I help the students, I learn a lot from them. This experience helps me to see God in the innocent faces of those children. They feel very free to share their problems with me. And I give my best to console them in whatever way I could. Ministry helps me to know the reality of the world. Above all, it makes me a contemplative in action & strengthens my vocation.

SHANTHRAJ: I am laboring with Christ in His vineyard. My ministry has taught me to listen to the inner cries of the people and children. In Hakki-Pikki colony (tribals), I see God's love revealed in their lives. I believe that only God guides them and sustains them.

JOEL: “Our prayer should not be like stagnant water rather it should be like an ever- flowing river.” These words summarize my ministry. I go to a place called Shilindrana Dhodi, a village which is poor & underdeveloped. But the people and children are very loving, caring and feel free to share their joys and sorrows. ‘God has a plan to every one of us and to fulfill it He shows us different ways.’ Today I feel God has created me to accomplish Jesus' dream on the earth by becoming a co-creator in His planet through the Saturday ministry.

No comments: