WELCOME TO MOUNT ST JOSEPH. CONNECTING JESUITS AND FRIENDS

Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Church (People of God) - Sunday Ministry Experiences

MARTIN: Teaching Christian values, distributing Communion and keeping up the identity of a Jesuit makes me know the track on which I will run. The Sunday Pastoral Ministry challenges my religious life and invites me to respond to the needs of our confused world. Above all, the relationship that I have with the Lord matters the most in my ministry and life.

ALWYN: "Give freely what you have received freely" these words of Jesus summarize my Sunday ministry in Kalenaagrahara. Joining the laity in celebrating the Eucharist helps me to feel the divine presence in the people. At times it has been very challenging teaching Catechism to children about Jesus & the Church. This ministry increases my faith, hope & love.

ANAND: It is only by catering to the spiritual needs of the people that I could plant in my own heart seeds of faith and also to teach them the divine truth. This in turn has enlightened and instilled in me the richness of faith. Thus making me attuned to this divine love that wells up like a spring. I have learnt to be like the river which always flows and never stagnates.

JOHN: After putting on the Armour of Christ, I was sent to St Ann’s Parish - Basavanapura for my pastoral ministry. I feel this gives me immense joy and profound fulfillment in serving God's people. Every Sunday all the children are full of zest to learn Catechism. Giving Communion and visiting houses of the elderly and the sick make me a good listener and a giver of hope to all people.

No comments: