WELCOME TO MOUNT ST JOSEPH. CONNECTING JESUITS AND FRIENDS

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Summer Camp

It is another love experience and divine encounter. One of my goals was to find Him in everything.The Lord showed Himself in the beautiful nature, the laughter of the children,and the love of the people, even in bitter experiences. I realized His presence constantly in my life. This was one of the peak graces I was granted. I was in fact open to receive His graces. I was deeply inspired by the love, hospitality and the life-style of the people. These people are poor materially but rich in love, happiness and sharing. The Lord helped me to know my own uniqueness and the purpose of my creation and vocation. I also came to know, What it means to be a 'missionary'. I really was inspired by the work of the Jesuits in these places. This experience has helped me to rekindle the fire of my vocation and to be committed to the call I have received.
-Lumnesh Swaroop
(Lumnesh,a first year novice has shared his experience of living and working with the poor in one of the villages in Pannur.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear L. Swaroop
Thanks for your beautiful and well articulated article on summer camp. I fully agree with your statement that “[poor] people are poor materially but rich in love, happiness and sharing”. Some of my friends from Spain too have echoed similar sentiments about their experience at Pannur. We have a lot to learn from poor.


Jossie D' Mello