WELCOME TO MOUNT ST JOSEPH. CONNECTING JESUITS AND FRIENDS

Friday, June 8, 2007

AN EXPERIENCE OF LOVE

It was a hot sunny day with no sign of a cloud to ease the summer heat. But within me I felt the coolness of the Love that I was carrying from my retreat to 'Ashaniketan', a home for the intellectually challenged. As I gently put my steps forward to have a unique and revealing experience, I knew for certain that I was making my way into the "abode of Hope." It was a unique experience for me because, I was deeply touched and moved in Bijapur seeing many differently abled people on the streets. They had made their way into my little, broken yet loving heart. It was a dream come true as I really met, worked and lived with these people.
"Every human being has a right to friendship, to communion and to a spiritual life." This is the basic revelation I have had during my stay at Ashaniketan. The resurrected Jesus has loved me through these differently abled people. I know now that every Human being from the moment two gametes meet to form a 'zygote' is a "Human Person" irrespective of one's challenges.
I would like to sum up my experience in the following lines," I carried love in my heart after my retreat to give them but now I come back with outpouring love in my heart not to hoard but to give."
Nithin Monteiro.
(Nithin, is a second year novice, spent a month in Ashanikethan, a home for the mentally challenged people)

1 comment:

Jossie D'Mello said...

Dear Nithin, Thanks for sharing your unique and rich experience in Ashaniketan. Your sharing on the experience of love reveals that the more we give, the more we receive! This is the Mystery of Love.


All the best

Jossie