WELCOME TO MOUNT ST JOSEPH. CONNECTING JESUITS AND FRIENDS

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ashram Experiment

The experience I had for five days in the ' Vidyavanam Ashram' was an experience of learning about and feeling the rich meaning of the age long Indian spirituality. A quest for love and wisdom of the divine was the peak point. The Upanishads and the Bhagavad Geetha helped me to understand the richness of meditation, contemplation and the gift of being an Indian dealing with the depths of the soul. The 'guru-sishya' relationship was an inspiring one. It taught me to sit at the feet of the Lord and to listen. These five days taught me the mantras to get into the cave of the heart of the master and myself. I could also experience the integration of the Ignatian spirituality to praise,revere, and serve Christ our master. It was a beautiful experience to see how a child learns and proceeds to enjoy the fullness of life.
-Anthony Derrick
(Derrick and his first year companions spent five days in an Ashram meditating on the Indian Spirituality.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Derrick,

Glad to read your personal reflections on ASHRAM EXPERIENCE. I think now you begin to see the richness of Indian Spirituality, of which very often we are ignorant. Continue your search for the fulness of life.

All the best and thank you.


Jossie D'Mello