WELCOME TO MOUNT ST JOSEPH. CONNECTING JESUITS AND FRIENDS

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Re-look at the Roots – Home Experiment

The second year Novices took a pleasant stroll down the memory lane as they made a one week visit to their respective families from January 27 to February 2. Home Experiment marks the beginning of the intense period of discernment of vocation to the Society of Jesus. It is a part of preparation for the First Vows.
Returning back to their home away from home, Mount St Joseph, they were brimming with many memories. Here are a few grateful second year Novices who would like to share their experiences.

Sameer Francis: The main aim of my experiment where I sprouted was to discern my vocation. I am happy to believe that I have achieved in this and I have taken a firm choice in deciding to carry the everyday crosses. The bittersweet experience of the Home Experiment was a very special one and a remarkable experience in growth. 
Jaison Lobo: Going home after a long gap was a festive experience. It was a joyful experience to meet my people and to see the familiar faces. I received great love and support from my parents in pursuing the will of God in my life. As I look back, I realise that my family is a sign of love and peace.
Sudeep Pinto: “Everything that happens in the life of a person is an opportunity for self-growth.” Home experiment was another God-granted opportunity to me. Being with my family members, neighbours, relatives and friends was a joyful and an intimate experience. I had a wonderful time listening to my all and sharing in their joys and sorrows. 
Godwin Sequeira: Home experiment became a passage to my roots in order to gain energy from it. I was happy to spend quality time with my parents as the seed of my vocation was planted at my home. The experience was a mixture of challenges and joys. A lot of personal insights bloomed in my mind during the experiment and I am grateful to God and my parents. 
Nithin Coelho: 
The experiment refreshed my memory
Past became a blessing
Parents' faith and confidence in God
Strengthened me in my odds
Their support was their determination
For their prayers were for my vocation
What else could I have asked for?
Was this not what I longed for?

No comments: