WELCOME TO MOUNT ST JOSEPH. CONNECTING JESUITS AND FRIENDS

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Incorporated into Christ - Cassock Day


The Novitiate community became spiritually richer as the 10 first year Novices took a step ahead in their religious journey by receiving the Minor Orders of Lector and Acolyte on 17 February 2012. Resembling a heavenly choir with their brand new cassocks, they presented themselves for the Holy Eucharist celebrated by Fr Francis Serrao, the Provincial, Fr Willie Sequeira, the Novice Director and Fr Sunil Cletus Fernandes, the Assistant Novice Director in the Morning. Fr Provincial in his homily moved our hearts and minds to love Jesus more intensely. Our spirits were high when we gathered together to congratulate the new Acolytes in the refectory. The day was spent in a relaxed timetable. As we congratulate the 10 brothers we ask you to keep them in your prayers. Here are the new Acolytes to share their joy with you.
Anthony Sudeep A: ‘The grace of the cassock filled the thirst of my soul.’ Cassock day was a time of grace to put on the robe of Christ. This symbol of purity and holiness invited me to be soiled for the Kingdom of Christ. The thought of the incorporation of Christ in my being prepared me for this great day and I am glad that the day came very soon.
Johnson R: God has showed me a new path to live as religious. This path is Jesus’ path. As a traveler in this path I am called to live like him. Personally, wearing the cassock is wearing Jesus himself and witnessing Christ intensely.
Noel Stephen Dias: As I was wearing my cassock, I realised that I am called to lose everything for Christ in order to gain everything with Christ. My only desire is to be committed for Christ and to do everything for His greater glory.
Roydon Misquith: Through the cassock, I am dead to the spirit of the world and I am fully alive to the spirit of Christ who came alone can satisfy my aspirations in a way that is not self-centred but out-going. The cassock has given me a new life.
Kiran Leema: Cassock is a symbol of purity, holiness and of consecration. On Cassock day, I realised that I am putting on Christ and imagined that I was becoming one with Him. I wish to remain in this cassock till my last breath.
Rohan D’Souza: Every time I wear my cassock, my soul picks up the voice of Jesus calling me to “heal the wounded world.” In response to this call, I am able to love and live the values of Christ in my daily life. Christ reminds me that I am set apart for His service.
Joseph Jerald: The cassock is a symbol of Christ’s identity for me. The more I wear the cassock, the more do I become like Christ as I am called to witness Christ with my entire self. My identity is lost in the identity of Christ.
Infant Vivian: I identify myself as a close companion of Christ each time I wear the cassock. I acquire a pure heart in praising God and a pure mind to stand up for the truth. God is inviting me to have the eyes of faith and a mind of truth to see God in all things.
Maxim D’Souza: The cassock is a symbol of purity. It gives a very special meaning to me. As I wear my cassock, I feel more and more drawn towards the personality of Jesus Christ.
Cannon Fernandes: St Paul says that we have put on Christ. The cassock means the same to me. It enables me to be another Christ both in my mind and heart. It gives me the message, “I am called to make a difference.”
"Holiness is not the luxury of a few people, but a simple duty for you and me." Blessed Teresa of Kolkata

No comments: