WELCOME TO MOUNT ST JOSEPH. CONNECTING JESUITS AND FRIENDS

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"My Inner-Journey with the Lord"

SHANTHRAJ: “Prayer takes me to the gate but I must enter it.” My Month's Retreat was a wonderful experience. This was the time where I met Jesus closely. A deeper knowledge about myself and my vocation were the two important aspects of my long retreat. During this experience, I have discovered that “Jesus is my close friend and He is everything.”

ROCKY: “In everything God does He has a purpose behind it.” I found that this statement has been a true experience of mine. In the retreat, I learned more about the Trinity, myself and God’s creation. They were the wonderful moments spent in a loving conversation with Jesus. I became conscious of God’s love flowing to me through various means. I have gained a lot from this retreat for my life.

PRAVEEN: “My life will be as it is unless I change it interiorly to be fully human and fully alive.” This is the core experience that I had during my long retreat. The Spiritual Exercises have played an important role in my life. “I took one step but God walked with me a mile in my life’s crucial time.” This saying was true in my life even today. Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the whole of Jerusalem was with me during my long retreat and the experience has transformed me. Life is no more the same as it was in the beginning. Over all, it is a journey from what I was to what I am.

No comments: