WELCOME TO MOUNT ST JOSEPH. CONNECTING JESUITS AND FRIENDS

Thursday, December 3, 2009

GOLDEN JUBILEE NOVITIATE COMMUNITY


Whenever I think of you , I feel proud.

I was an infant, and you cared of me.

You understood me well. You brought me up with care.

You built me up with love.

Your concerne for me was overwhelming.

You took paine to mould me and shape me.

You gave me solid spiritual nourishment.

In your embrace I grow old and strong.

Behind your portals I made many friendships.

You gave me the joy of companionship.

There were times when you gave me bitter pills.

to cure me of innumerable illnesses.

You were every thing to me- doctor and nurse.

Teacher and friend, tyrant and mother.

You took me under your wings and then let me go.

When the time came for me to leave you,

You bade me farewell with moist eyes.

And now my hearts singes your praise.

And words of gratitude well up on my lips.

I hymn to your selfless service in love.

Mount my mother, events might have passed by

But memories will never fade.

(This Poem appeared in the Silver Jubilee Edition of the Navataranga…)



No comments: