WELCOME TO MOUNT ST JOSEPH. CONNECTING JESUITS AND FRIENDS

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

GOLDEN JUBILEE COMMUNITY OF MOUNT ST JOSEPH

TO MOUNT WITH LOVE


My heart is full of green memories and sweet melodies

Pried fills my being and thrill is all that I feel

As I think of you O mount, my mother my friend.

For, I came to you a boy and you made me a man.

A heart for love not just for law you taught me to have

To know my strength and also may flaws you enabled me

To be rich in warm emotions while not being their slave,

To heed the cry of the poor and stretch a helping hand,

Through I myself be steeped in pain, you trained me to do.

Tell me, isn’t it natural that I feel so warm and grateful?

Tell me, where else will I get your peace and beauty my friend?

Wasn’t it in your embrace that I grew and matured

And learnt to walk the way of the man from Galilee?

Indeed my friend, my mother, mount my mount, my gem,

Your glories.

(This Poem appeared in the Silver Jubilee Edition of the Navataranga…)

No comments: