WELCOME TO MOUNT ST JOSEPH. CONNECTING JESUITS AND FRIENDS

Monday, July 16, 2007

When I learnt to walk....

As the mother eagle feeds its young ones with love and care and makes them look up to the sky, so that one day they may fly, so was my experience of the First Probation in the Society of Jesus. Fr.Socius along with my guardian angel made me experience the love and care of the Society and gave me a glimpse of the life in the same Society.

Our First Probation lasted for fourteen days. During these days, Fr. Socius explained to us, what the Society expects of the candidates who wish to join the Society as mentioned in the General Examen of the Constitutions. Besides that Father took classes on Prayer and explained meticulously all the etiquette needed for a good living. Everyday, we had a talk from the senior member of the community. They shared about their past experiences in the novitiate, mission places where they turned iron into gold. I was very much touched when one of the priests said, “If you had no vocation and God had not called you then you would not have been here! This helped me to deepen my own call.

A good guide is the one who advises us on how to live and behave. I was accompanied by a good guide who taught me everything of the novitiate. Our Probation culminated in the Triduum preached by Fr. Socius. During those days, I experienced immense love of God. On 3rd July, we formally entered the novitiate.

John Rayan Pereira

(Rayan is a first year novice, who shares his experience of the First Probation)

No comments: