WELCOME TO MOUNT ST JOSEPH. CONNECTING JESUITS AND FRIENDS

Monday, January 9, 2012

Interview with the New Priest - Fr John Pradeep SJ

Fr John Pradeep took a great leap of faith on 29 December 2011, the day of his Priestly Ordination. He is currently residing in Prerana and is involved in pastoral ministry. As he opens, day by day, the new doors of an exciting future, we found a very good occasion to talk to him. The gentle and soft spoken Fr John is very apt and brief in his words as he shares about himself.

Congratulations to you Father. What are your feelings at present as a new priest?

My heart is full of gratitude to God for calling me to be the companion of Jesus, His beloved Son. I feel privileged to be a Jesuit priest.

How do you see your life in the future – your plans, aims or desires?

First of all, I desire to be a Jesuit priest who is holy and happy. I wish to know more about Ignatian Spirituality and I wish to involve myself in the Retreat Apostolate.

Which part of your formation years did you like the most? Why?

I cherish fond memories of my formative years. The Novitiate formation helped me to come to know the mind and the heart of St Ignatius of Loyola and the Jesuit Way of Proceeding. My Theological studies deepened my love for God and for God’s people.

Which quality do you think is the most important to become a priest – a Jesuit priest?

A person has to transcend one’s self-love, self-interest and self-will in order to be an effective Jesuit priest. He has to be a discerning person in order to make his service fruitful.

Who is the role model of your life? Why?

I have drawn great inspiration from Lord Jesus, dear Father Ignatius and Rev. Fr. Pedro Arrupe. Because all of them had fallen in love with God and with God’s people.

Throughout your formation years, what has been your strength, that has kept you committed and lively?

A deep conviction that Jesus is always with me (Mt 28:20)

Thank you father for your thoughts and insights.

No comments: