WELCOME TO MOUNT ST JOSEPH. CONNECTING JESUITS AND FRIENDS

Friday, May 28, 2010

Creative Fidelity-Earn and Live Experiment

Joyson Sujay Vas: "Never avoid the struggles in life, face it, this is really God's greatest gift." Life of a religious is becoming challenging in this globalized world. It is really difficult to delay gratification, in order to embrace the values of the Gospel. I truly experienced this in my earn & live experiment. It was a golden oppurtunity given by the Society to analyse the struggles of the outside world & to realize the value of money. I worked as a kitchen steward in a resort, owned by 'Manipal Group' at Singasandra, Bangalore. This hard labour helped me to realize the value of money to earn my daily bread. I found great meaning in remaining faithful to God & to myself while working. When I failed to respond to God's love, the Spirit awakened me to walk on the right path. After this fruitful experience, I feel strengthened spiritually, emotionally & socially. I strongly feel that it is not easy for a religious to be faithful to God in today's materialistic world unless s/he is deeply rooted in Christ's love.
Ryan Savio Rodrigues: "To each according to need, from each according to capacity." I was sent on an 'Earn & Live' Experiment for two weeks. The greatest challenge I faced was to search for a job without revealing my identity. After a day's search I got a job as a helper to the painter at a garage. My employer was very generous & patient as I went about learning the job & helping him in his work. What kept me going was long hours of work that were combined with the intercessory prayers for all those who have entered into my life. I learnt a lot about myself. I managed to survive with bare minimum things & lived a simple life. In the end I could save a little money even though I had to feed myself. I realized two important things...... God is the Ultimate & everything else is temporary. I learnt tough lessons in humility & understood that only humility can foster compassion. I was assured that God is compassionate to those who humble themselves.

No comments: