WELCOME TO MOUNT ST JOSEPH. CONNECTING JESUITS AND FRIENDS

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Novitiate Life - Tracing God (Sharun)


Sharun Roy D’Souza: I set out to an unknown land of spiritual formation. The path was not clear in my mind. On a bright day in the forest, I saw a tunnel which tickled my curiosity and urge to move towards it. The inside view of seemed to me that the tunnel way is not for the ordinary, but is meant only for the adventurous. My aim was clear - To have the strengthening experience for dedicating my life in the service of the one who has called me. The words of Jesus, “I am the way, the truth and the life” strengthened me. In the darkness, I closed my eyes and walked onwards, tuning my heart to the same words which resounded deep in my heart. Despite the difficulties of the way - the stones, the thorns, etc., my trust in Jesus kept me going. At last, I found the resurrected Jesus with his arms open full of light at the end of the tunnel, ready to embrace me. The journey was one of the best experiences of my life. Outside the tunnel, I found a gift, a formula - Life is like a mirror. We get the best results when we smile at it.

No comments: