WELCOME TO MOUNT ST JOSEPH. CONNECTING JESUITS AND FRIENDS

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Novitiate Life - Tracing God (Sudeep)

Life in the Novitiate for any budding religious is marked by very rich experiences that solidly found one’s life in the Trinity. Mount St Joseph Novitiate is approaching the bend of the road as another term approaches its near end. The faith journey of the Novices has been unique to each one. The rich personal experiences of the Novices are an evident sign of the working of the hands of God. God experience is a shared experience.At the climax of their Novitiate journey, the second year novices are filled with gratitude to God. We present you a few lines from their journal of life. The series, ‘My Novitiate Life’ will be presented in parts in the ensuing days.


Sudeep Pinto:As I look back at my life in the Novitiate, my heart fills with gratitude and praise to Almighty God. I compare myself to a lump of clay in the hands of the potter. My intimate relationship with Jesus has moulded and shaped me into a beautiful pot. I can surely say that my life has undergone a transformation by the personal experience and assimilation of God’s love. My life has become brighter and more meaningful. Like the rose that unfolds in the morning, I was gently opened up by Jesus, whom I consider as my best friend. “No one has greater love than this to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” (John 15:13) – These words of Jesus give meaning to my existence. I have also tasted the Cross which cannot be denied in the life of anyone who loves. The company of Jesus in facing the gruelling times of life has revealed me my preciousness. No matter how we are, what we are and where we are, He loves us very much. This thought consoles me within me. “God has a plan for every one’s life – that’s all we want to know…”

No comments: