WELCOME TO MOUNT ST JOSEPH. CONNECTING JESUITS AND FRIENDS

Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Learnings from the Inter-Novitiate Seminar

Roydon Misquith: Martin Luther says, “The prosperity of a country does not depend on the beauty of its buildings rather it consists in the number of its men of enlightenment and character.” This saying adequately reflects the lessons that I have learnt from the recently conducted Inter-Novitiate Seminar on "Fundamentalism and Inter-religious Dialogue." Fr Terence Farias SJ broadened my knowledge and brought a change in my idea about religion and culture. I am grateful to everyone who has been responsible for helping me change my view of other faiths.

Calvin: The only way, according to me, to promote peace and unity among different religions is by Inter-Religious Dialogue. The relevance of this much spoken topic was adumbrated by the Inter-Novitiate course on "Fundamentalism and Inter-Religious Dialogue." It opened the closed windows of my mind to understand and accept the values and richness of other religions and showed me how in unity we can promote peace and justice. Mutual respect among the people of different faiths can go a long way in building up the Kingdom of God.

No comments: